This is the 2016 levee schedule for New Years Day, January 1, 2016 for Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island and area.
This is the 11th year I’ve been collating and confirming this information. If you’re new to all of this and want to give it a try, read How to Levee.
If you have additional levees to add, or changes to the information below, please drop me a line.
|Campbell Webster||154 Great George Street, Charlottetown, PE||9:00 AM||10:00 AM||Yes|
|Lieutenant Governor||1 Terry Fox Drive, Charlottetown, PE||10:00 AM||11:30 AM||Yes|
|Mayor of Charlottetown||99 Queen St, Charlottetown, PE||10:30 AM||12:00 PM||Yes|
|PEI Women’s Institute||420 University Ave, Charlottetown||10:30 AM||12:00 PM||Yes|
|Upstreet Craft Brewing||41 Allen St, Charlottetown, PE||10:30 AM||12:30 PM||Yes|
|Canoe Cove Community Association||1066 Canoe Cove Road, Canoe Cove, PE||11:00 AM||1:00 PM||Yes|
|Mayor of Borden-Carleton||167 Industrial Drive, Borden-Carleton, PE||11:00 AM||1:00 PM||Yes|
|The Guild / Discover Charlottetown||111 Queen Street, Charlottetown, PE||11:00 AM||1:00 PM||Yes|
|The Haviland Club||2 Haviland St, Charlottetown, PE||11:00 AM||1:00 PM||Yes|
|University of PEI||550 University Ave., Charlottetown, PE||11:30 AM||1:00 PM||Yes|
|Prince Edward Island Regiment||3 Haviland Street, Charlottetown, PE||12:00 PM||1:00 PM||Yes|
|Mayor of Kensington||30 Garden Drive, Kensington, PE||12:00 PM||1:30 PM||Yes|
|Town of Stratford||234 Shakespeare Dr., Stratford, PE||12:00 PM||1:30 PM||Yes|
|PEI Brewing Company||96 Kensington Road, Charlottetown, PE||12:00 PM||2:00 PM||Yes|
|Seniors Active Living Centre||550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PE||12:30 PM||2:00 PM||Yes|
|City of Summerside||275 Fitzroy Street, Summerside, PE||1:00 PM||2:30 PM||Yes|
|St. John’s Lodge No. 1 and Victoria Lodge No. 2||204 Hillsborough St., Charlottetown, PE||1:00 PM||2:30 PM||No|
|Andrews of Stratford||355 Shakespeare Drive, Stratford, PE||1:00 PM||3:00 PM||Yes|
|Roman Catholic Diocese of Charlottetown||45 Great George Street, Charlottetown, PE||1:30 PM||2:30 PM||Yes|
|Town of Cornwall||39 Lowther Drive, Cornwall, PE||1:30 PM||3:00 PM||Yes|
|Garden Home||310 North River Road, Charlottetown, PE||2:00 PM||3:00 PM||Yes|
|Royal Canadian Legion||99 Pownal Street, Charlottetown, PE||2:00 PM||3:00 PM||Yes|
|The Kitchen Witch||949 Long River Road, Long River, PE||2:30 PM||4:30 PM||Yes|
|Benevolent Irish Society||582 North River Road, Charlottetown, PE||3:00 PM||5:00 PM||Yes|
|Premier Wade MacLauchlan||145 Richmond St, Charlottetown, PE||3:00 PM||5:00 PM||Yes|
|Charlottetown Curling Club||241 Euston St, Charlottetown, PE||4:00 PM||6:00 PM||No|
|Murphy’s Community Centre||200 Richmond Street, Charlottetown, PE||4:00 PM||6:00 PM||Yes|
|Sport Page Club||236 Kent St, Charlottetown, PE||4:00 PM||6:00 PM||No|
Changes from 2015
- Table now includes accessibility information.
- New levee at Andrews of Stratford.
- New levee at Upstreet Craft Brewing (well-timed for an uptown swing to UPEI and the Women’s Institute).
- New levee from Discover Charlottetown and The Guild.
- There is no levee at HMCS Queen Charlotte this year.
- Added the levee for The Kitchen Witch. Not technically in the “Charlottetown Area,” but included nonetheless.
- The Premier’s Levee returns to the Confederation Centre of the Arts.
- In a stunning blow to the “Charlottetown area” in the title of this post, I’ve added the City of Summerside levee for this first time. Welcome, western neighbours.
- Now that Summerside’s on the list, seems only right to add Borden-Carleton. And Kensington.
- PDF (handy for printing)
- HTML (what appears above)
- GeoJSON (if you want to map the locations)
- JSON+LD (Google Structured Data embedded in this post)
- iCalendar (for importing into your own calendar application)
- SQLite (if you’d like a database of the levees)
The code that generates all of the above is available on Github.
Like the rest of this website, the levee schedule covered under a Creative Commons Attribution, NonCommercial, ShareAlike License. That means that you’re free to copy the data, publish the data, mash up the data, share the data, but that you must provide a credit to the source, like:
You’re encouraged to spread the information here as far and as wide as possible.