What I’m Up To
As suggested here, this is what I’d highlight if I ran into a friend I hadn’t seen in a year:
- Grieving my later partner Catherine, who died January 16, 2020.
- Supporting Oliver in the day program at Stars for Life, and in his audit of a philosophy course this winter at the University of PEI.
- Working remotely with colleagues at Yankee Publishing, primarily on the infrastructure supporting Almanac.com (this is my 24rd year of this partnership).
- Writing posts for my blog as needs and interests dictate.
- Honing my trade as a letterpress printer.
- Diving ever deeper into the world of fountain pens, focusing on the monthly Pen Night in Charlottetown.
- I’ve been appointed to the Mayor’s Task Force on Active Transportation for the City of Charlottetown; acting as co-chair and the liaison to the Parks & Recreation department.
- Focusing my research efforts on matters related to the shift of public servant commuting from automobile to active transportation.
- Serving on the board of directors of Stars for Life, focusing on obtaining long-term, sustainable funding for the organization. I’ve recently joined the newly-formed HR committee.
I last updated this March 2, 2020, and have set myself a reminder to update it monthly from here onward.