What I’m Up To
As suggested here, this is what I’d highlight if I ran into a friend I hadn’t seen in a year:
- Oliver’s Stars for Life day program has restarted, based out of our house; he’s auditing Susan Brown’s HIST 2620 Rule Britannia-Cool Britannia course at UPEI this fall.
- Our tomato plant is coming along just fine, with four tomatoes in various stages of growth (all still green); our hot pepper plant has born a single pepper, which turned red a couple of weeks ago and will be harvested soon.
- After a short vacation at Deroma Cottages in Georgetown Royalty last weekend, we’re spending a week on the western shore of Cape Breton next week to close out the summer.
- Working remotely with colleagues at Yankee Publishing, primarily on the infrastructure supporting Almanac.com (this is my 24rd year of this partnership).
- Writing posts for my blog as needs and interests dictate.
- Honing my trade as a letterpress printer.
- Diving ever deeper into the world of fountain pens, focusing on the monthly Pen Night in Charlottetown.
- Serving on the board of directors of Stars for Life, focusing on obtaining long-term, sustainable funding for the organization.
- Serving on the Mayor’s Task Force on Active Transportation for the City of Charlottetown; acting as co-chair and the liaison to the Parks & Recreation department.
I last updated this August 26, 2020, and have set myself a reminder to update it monthly from here onward.