What I’m Up To
As suggested here, this is what I’d highlight if I ran into a friend I hadn’t seen in a year:
- Oliver’s Stars for Life day program has been slowing migrating back to the Stars for Life house, although he’s still spending some time working out of our house.
- After not sleeping well for several months, sleep is coming easier now; I’m not back to old-school sleep-through-the-night-like-a-log, but there have been big improvements in the last few weeks.
- Working remotely with colleagues at Yankee Publishing, primarily on the infrastructure supporting Almanac.com and FamilyTreeMagazine.com (this is my 25th year of this partnership).
- Writing posts for my blog as needs and interests dictate.
- Honing my trade as a letterpress printer.
- I’ve reanimated my interest in bookbinding, and have been creating new books and book-like things.
- Diving ever deeper into the world of fountain pens, focusing on the monthly Pen Night in Charlottetown.
- Serving on the board of directors of Stars for Life, focusing on obtaining long-term, sustainable funding for the organization.
- Serving on the Mayor’s Task Force on Active Transportation for the City of Charlottetown; acting as co-chair and the liaison to the Parks & Recreation department.
I last updated this May 1, 2021, and have set myself a reminder to update it monthly from here onward.