What I’m Up To
As suggested here, this is what I’d highlight if I ran into a friend I hadn’t seen in a year:
- Oliver’s Stars for Life day program is now, at least for the time-being based out of our house.
- Oliver is auditing Susan Brown’s HIST 2620 Rule Britannia-Cool Britannia course at UPEI.
- Our tomato plant gave us five tomatoes; so far one has ripened and been eaten for lunch.
- I picked our apples and some of our plums, and made apple plum sauce.
- We spent a very pleasant week at the start of September in Cape Breton on vacation.
- Working remotely with colleagues at Yankee Publishing, primarily on the infrastructure supporting Almanac.com (this is my 24th year of this partnership).
- Writing posts for my blog as needs and interests dictate.
- Honing my trade as a letterpress printer.
- Diving ever deeper into the world of fountain pens, focusing on the monthly Pen Night in Charlottetown.
- Serving on the board of directors of Stars for Life, focusing on obtaining long-term, sustainable funding for the organization.
- Serving on the Mayor’s Task Force on Active Transportation for the City of Charlottetown; acting as co-chair and the liaison to the Parks & Recreation department.
I last updated this September 22, 2020, and have set myself a reminder to update it monthly from here onward.