What I’m Up To
As suggested here, this is what I’d highlight if I ran into a friend I hadn’t seen in a year:
- Olivia transitioned to identifying as a woman, with she/her pronouns.
- My mother, brother, and sister-in-law relocated to Charlottetown from Ontario!
- Working remotely with colleagues at Yankee Publishing, primarily on the infrastructure supporting Almanac.com and FamilyTreeMagazine.com (this is my 25th year of this partnership).
- The project of the fall is a wholesale migration from Drupal 7 to Drupal 9, which is like switching from speaking Dutch to speaking Icelandic. It’s proving to be a stretch in all sorts of good and challenging ways.
- Writing posts for my blog as needs and interests dictate.
- Honing my trade as a letterpress printer.
- Diving ever deeper into the world of fountain pens, focusing on the monthly Pen and Pencil Club of Prince Edward Island in Charlottetown.
- Serving on the board of directors of Stars for Life, focusing on obtaining long-term, sustainable funding for the organization.
- I joined Bike Friendly Communities.
I last updated this October 3, 2021, and have set myself a reminder to update it monthly from here onward.