What I’m Up To
As suggested here, this is what I’d highlight if I ran into a friend I hadn’t seen in a year:
- Olivia transitioned to identifying as a woman, with she/her pronouns.
- Olivia isn in week four of a 6 week work experience program, Let’s Get to Work, organized by the Association for Community Living and hosted by the Farm Centre.
- After not sleeping well for several months, sleep is coming easier now; I’m not back to old-school sleep-through-the-night-like-a-log, but there have been big improvements in the last few weeks.
- Working remotely with colleagues at Yankee Publishing, primarily on the infrastructure supporting Almanac.com and FamilyTreeMagazine.com (this is my 25th year of this partnership).
- Writing posts for my blog as needs and interests dictate.
- Honing my trade as a letterpress printer.
- Diving ever deeper into the world of fountain pens, focusing on the monthly Pen Night in Charlottetown.
- Serving on the board of directors of Stars for Life, focusing on obtaining long-term, sustainable funding for the organization.
- Stepping down from the Mayor’s Task Force on Active Transportation for the City of Charlottetown at the end of the month.
I last updated this June 1, 2021, and have set myself a reminder to update it monthly from here onward.