If you live in Prince Edward Island and you haven’t been closely following the developments at the newly-christened Phoenix Medical Practice of Dr. Robert Coull, you’re missing out: some of the most exciting developments in general physicianship are happening in the practice.
For example, can you tell me what other medical practice in Prince Edward Island:
- publishes clinic wait times online
- allows new patients to register online
- regularly updates a practice weblog with useful, practical information
- is led by a physician not shy about voicing strong opinions
- provides patients with online access to their own health records
I don’t know enough about doctoring to know whether all of the aspects of Dr. Coull’s practice are reasonable and practical – and I expect that part of the practice involves a feedback loop so that they can find out exactly that – but I can’t tell you how refreshing it is to see a medical practice willing to break the fourth wall.