We recorded Live From the Formosa Tea House: Session Five this afternoon over lunch.
The focus of this episode was on Zap Your PRAM 3, the next incarnation of the Zap Your PRAM conference we organized in the fall of 2003. Zap3 is running February 16 to 19, 2006 in Cavendish, PEI; details forthcoming shortly on the new Zap3site.
There is, alas, an annoying bit of electrical interference that runs throughout the episode — it’s most noticeable at the beginning. I tried various methods for filtering it out, but they all made Dan, Steven and I sound like drunken fish. Here’s a rundown of what you’ll hear:
- 00:00 — The intro and extro stingers are from Royalty Free Music.
- 00:15 — We start off with a somewhat dorky and stilted introduction to Zap Your PRAM (early-episode dorkitude seems to stike us every time). We get better as we go along.
- 19:45 — The “people standing in from of webcams” phenomenon.
- 21:15 — People at silverorange buying digital SLR cameras?
- 22:30 — Peter takes a picture of Steven with his T610 camera phone (either Peter or Steven was moving, so the photo is more jiggly than it would be otherwise).
- 24:00 — What podcasts do we listen to?
- 26:45 — Peter’s television addiction leads him to rent a Eastlink DVR.
- 28:00 — Steven and Dan love Homestarrunner.
- 28:30 — Steven to make a LongBet with Ray Kurzweil?
- 28:45 — WikiPEI, Wikipedia, Tourism PEI Website RFP.
- 32:00 — The Rukapedia pages for Dan and Steven and the compromising photo.
- 34:45 — Interactive Charlottetown Bus Map, RealCharlottetown.com and Open Locations.
- 41:02 — Dan has an “unbelieveable hate-on” for Web 2.0 so we avoid talking about it at all costs.
- 41:44 — Steven talks about going to The Gnome Summit in Boston: Springboard and Tango Project.
- 51:44 — Queen Street Commons update from Dan.
- 54:15 — silverorange releases Swat, a PHP web application toolkit.