Because I know you’re all eager for news of the Monadnock Region of Southern New Hampshire, here’s some things I’ve noticed:
- The old Medicine Shoppe drug store in downtown Peterborough is closing now that the modern new CVS has opened on the outskirts of town on the way to Dublin.
- The Harrisville General Store re-opens on December 12, 2008.
- The Brown House Bakery in Harrisville has mint brownies that will blow your mind.
- If you suddenly find yourself in need of a sport coat because you realize that people are serious about the “business dress” for the Christmas party, JC Penney in Keene is an excellent place to go: variety, price, service all good.
- Still hard to get a cappuccino in a china cup, and not a demi-tasse spoon to be found in the county.
- The Peterborough Community Theatre — the tiny first-run independent movie house in town — is for sale.
- The region has gone roundabout mad.