The video was streamed through YouTube, which seemed to work well for all concerned; however because there was recorded music before and after the formal event, YouTube’s copyright robots immediately fired off nine copyright claims from rights holders (for the songs Nessun Dorma, You And I (Vinceremo), Amazing Grace, Viento, Lullaby (The Smile Upon Your Face), Forever Young, Lead With Your Heart, Anchor Me, and Mañana).
To mitigate the chance of rights holders running advertising against Catherine’s celebration, or YouTube arbitrarily deciding to remove it, I’ve downloaded the video and uploaded it to a server that I control, and you can watch it here.
The YouTube livestream allowed for live chat among the viewers, and I’m preserving that here for posterity too:
- Luisa Carbonelli – Malmö folks (Jonas B, Olle and I) are gathering here at our flat. The sun setting early here today in southern Sweden.
- Elmine Wijnia – checking in
- Henriette Weber – I am online from Helsingør — hi guys
- itoobutoob – Oliver B in Portland, Oregon
- Morgan Roderick – Checking in from Las Palmas
- jypsy norman-bain – Sending love & warm wishes ❤
- Ton Zijlstra – Just returned home from work, and now online from Amersfoort as well.
- thelyvision – Sending love and light to all from Thelma in western PEI.
- Juliane Röll – Hello all. Dresden, Germany here.
- Juliane Röll – Are you receiving sound transmission? (I receive the video feed, but no sound.)
- Morgan Roderick – no sound yet
- Morgan Roderick – I assumed it to be intentional
- Ton Zijlstra – Assuming the same, the celebration hasn’t started yet it seems.
- Cheryl Green – Hello, all. Cheryl in Portland, OR
- Juliane Röll – Allright. Thank you!
- Morgan Roderick – There is sound!
- Joan Sinclair – Joining you all now from Stanley Bridge, PEI
- Pedro Custodio – Hello all from far Indonesia. Strong hug 😢😘
- Ton Zijlstra – hi Pedro, you too a big hug
- Brian Bauld – My candle burns at both ends; It will not last the night; But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends— It gives a lovely light. Edna St. Vincent Millay
- Ton Zijlstra – That was beautiful. Grateful for the live stream.
- Anna Keenan – Sending love to all. A beautiful service for a powerful woman. Thank you for sharing her stories and lessons in this way.
- Morgan Roderick – It was nice to be able to participate from afar. Thank you
- Cynthia King – Thank you for streaming. Love to all. A celebration of a beautiful person.
- Elmine Wijnia – Luisa: you’re wearing the perfect dress for today.
- Ton Zijlstra – Indeed, you do Luisa
- Elmine Wijnia – grateful to have joined you. it’s nearly dark here. time to sign off.
- Ton Zijlstra – Warmth to all. Signing off.
YouTube also provided analytics about the number of concurrent viewers: