The default behaviour in the (otherwise excellent) Salling Clicker application for the Mac, when used with Keynote, is to jump to the last slide if you click and hold the down or right arrow key.
This caused no end of problems for me because I found that, about 10% of the time, my standard “click” to advance to the next slide was being interpreted as a “go to last slide” click. And going to the last slide, in the middle of your presentation is, well, somewhat disruptive. So here’s what I did to cure Clicker of this problem:
- Open the Salling Clicker Preferences.
- In the right-hand ‘Scripts’ menu under the ‘Clicker Items’ tab, open Keynote, and select the ‘Keynote Remote’ item.
- Click on the ‘gear’ icon at the bottom of the Scripts menu, and select ‘Edit in Script Editor’ and when Script Editor opens find the following three lines:
else if keyCode is in forwardKeys then tell application "Keynote" to activate tell application "SEC Helper" to simulate keyboard virtual keycode 119
- comment out the lines by adding two dashes to the beginning of each:
else if keyCode is in forwardKeys then -- tell application "Keynote" to activate -- tell application "SEC Helper" to simulate keyboard virtual keycode 119
- Save the script (File \| Save).
- Test in Salling Clicker.