I’m not smart enough to figure out which films should win what. But I watched anyway, and had these thoughts:
- I want to hire Morgan Freeman to narrate my life. Every day. You know, just like in The Shawshank Redemption.
- Is Beyonce really that good that she needs to be called in for
twothree (!) songs? Aren’t there other singers out there?
- I liked the “live from the seats” style of giving out selected awards (although there was that stunned looking guy on the lefthand side of the aisle who didn’t know what to make of it all). I liked it when the guy nominated for best short spelled out “I Love You” with his hands.
- I didn’t like the “lets bring all the nominees on stage while we announce them” trick; it’s bad enough to lose without having to stand beside the winner. And they only did this for the “don’t really matter all that much” categories anyway.
- I liked Chris Rock as host.
- How do they do that magical “show video on little panels on the roof” thing? Neato.
- Rene Zellweger was best dressed, hands down.