When we picked up our Kia Soul rental last Thursday it was full of gas. We drove from Charlottetown to Montreal, drove around Montreal a bit, and drove back. Total driven from door-to-door was 2,441 km and the Soul reported that it used 8.1 litres/100 km of gasoline when I return it; actual gasoline purchased:
- Hartford, NB — 37 litres at $1.337 for $50.68
- Deschambault, QC — 44 litres at $1.394 for $61.47
- Brossard, QC — 11 litres at $1.359 for $16.24
- Levis, Quebec - 35 litres at $1.394 for $49.51
- Hartford, NB — 39 litres at $1.337 for $52.16
- Charlottetown, PE — 38 litres at $1.281 for $49.38
So we used a total of 204 litres of gasoline which cost me $279.44. This comes out to a slightly higher 8.36 litres/100 km, or about 28 miles per gallon. Which is right around what the U.S. Department of Energy reports.