I’ve always wondered how Crimestoppers works, especially how they pay out anonymous rewards. Here’s what their website says:
- The co-ordinator is contacted by the caller (tipster) and arrangements made to pay reward.
- The award (cash) is placed in a plain envelope.
- The caller determines the name to be placed on the envelope.
- Arrangements made, with the agreement of the caller, to deliver the envelope to a certain location.
- The co-ordinator delivers the envelope to the location.
- The caller then picks up the envelope.