Here’s a Spotify playlist of 25 songs that prompted me to hit “like” this spring and summer.
Here are the songs on the playlist:
- Goodbye Rain — Hush Kids — Hush Kids
- Yo Mae Leh — Invisible Minds — Make up Your Own Stories
- Trying — The Staves — Trying
- Nothing’s Gonna Happen (Demo) — The Staves
- By Your Side — Ane Brun — Leave Me Breathless
- What You Want — May Erlewine — Mother Lion
- Moon Song — Phoebe Bridgers — Punisher
- Julianna Calm Down — The Chicks — Gaslighter
- A Feeling Felt or a Feeling Made — Siv Jakobsen — A Feeling Felt or a Feeling Made
- Is There Something in the Movies? — Samia — The Baby
- Rest — Leif Vollebekk — Twin Solitude
- Darcy’s Song — Sierra Eagleson — Darcy’s Song
- Sad Girl Summer — Maisie Peters — Sad Girl Summer
- Slow Burn — Kacey Musgraves — Golden Hour
- Soft Line — Lucy Wainwright Roche — Little Beast
- Elergy for the Present — Philip Glass, Dennis Russell Davies
- Options Open — Kathleen Edwards — Total Freedom
- Spiracles — COMA — Voyage Voyage
- Warped Window — Anna Mieke — Idle Mind
- Tourism (feat. Fenne Lily) — Henry Jamison, Fenne Lily
- Wild — May Erlewine — Mother Lion
- I Burn but I Am Not Consumed — Karine Polwart — Laws of Motion
- Zona Rosa — Caoimhín Ó Raghallaigh, Thomas Bartlett
- Salters Road — Karine Polwart — Traces
- Killer + The Sound — Phoebe Bridgers, Noah Gundersen, Abby Gundersen
Oliver makes a Spotify playlist before going to bed every night, something he’s been doing for several years now. Meaning he has hundreds of playlists, to my one. It’s a start.
Nice list! In order to check it out, I duplicated it in the apple world
Wouldn’t it be great is songs had ISBN-like unique IDs and there was a universal playlist format, or at least an easy way to import and export playlists across music kingdoms.
MusicBrainz has "MBID" GUIDs that do identify songs/recordings/albums/artists/etc, and that database is licensed under CC0 which is effectively public domain. I don't know about support on other platforms, but I'm not holding my breath...
I created a public “collection” in MusicBrainz for this playlist. You can’t actually listen to it there, but you can get the metadata (some of which I had to add, as the artists or the release weren’t in the database yet). Thanks for pointing to this.