The Copenhagen-Charlottetown Time Venn Diagram

Okay, I’m looking for a word that describes the portion of the day when it’s “regular business hours” in both Copenhagen and Charlottetown.

Copenhagen is GMT+1. Charlottetown is GMT-4. So when it’s 9:00 a.m. in Charlottetown, it’s 2:00 p.m. in Copenhagen. And when it’s 5:00 p.m. in Copenhagen it’s 12:00 Noon in Charlottetown.

In other words, there’s a 3 hour portion of each day — 9:00 a.m. to Noon in Charlottetown, 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in Copenhagen — when we’re both “at work.”

What is that overlapping part of the big “time Venn diagram” called?


Steven Garrity's picture
Steven Garrity on July 15, 2005 - 01:05 Permalink

The space between”

John Boylan's picture
John Boylan on July 15, 2005 - 13:11 Permalink

You could call it “same time”, as in, “you’re both working at the same time”.

Olle Jonsson's picture
Olle Jonsson on July 15, 2005 - 13:54 Permalink

I think the word is… how bloody nice of you to think of this.

If we hang out in the same “digital hood”, we need this “delta of business hours” concept to work with.

There: delta hours? Peak delta hours?

Derek Martin's picture
Derek Martin on July 15, 2005 - 14:02 Permalink

The overlap?

Kevin O's picture
Kevin O on July 15, 2005 - 14:16 Permalink


Alan's picture
Alan on July 15, 2005 - 14:20 Permalink

Isn’t it more about “orbital windows”?

Jonathan Sutherland's picture
Jonathan Sutherland on July 15, 2005 - 20:08 Permalink

International Period of Productivity” or something like that