The Alibi Lounge opened recently at 77 University Avenue in downtown Charlottetown, next to Cedars and across from the Atlantic Technology Centre. I had lunch there.
- Transformed interior: barely a hint of former life as failed Indian and Chinese restaurants.
- The music is the best restaurant music in Charlottetown: perfect volume, excellent mix.
- Friendly staff (although my jury is out on being called “darlin’ ” by someone younger than me).
- Thai chicken soup: tasty, hot, homemade.
- Password-protected wifi (staff advice was to “use the open wifi from next door at Babas”).
- Club sandwich was run-of-the-mill; hint of tarragon elevated it, but the poorly-toasted bread took it back down. It wasn’t horrible, but it didn’t change my life or leave me wanting to have it again.
- The napkins are made of a silk-like fabric. Napkins should never by slipperly.
- Fortune cookies: they taste bad in Chinese restaurants, they taste bad here. I get the irony, but how about something that’s ironic and tasty?