As far as I’m concerned, the airlines of the world all deserve to go out of business. Follow along:
- Go to Travelocity.ca.
- Click the Flights tab.
- Enter Halifax, NS as your From
- Enter Amsterdam as your To
- Select the Show me lowest Economy-class fares for travel during the period option, and select May as your Through the end of
- Click Search Now
- See that one of the options presented is Icelandair; click Select
- From the handy calendar of available departure dates presented, select one.
What’s the result after this 8-step process?
Icelandair does not provide service between Amsterdam Netherlands and Halifax, Canada.
KLM used to fly direct from Amsterdam to Halifax.
Once upon a time it was a great airline — great service, decent food, and an awesome hub airport (Schiphol in Amsterdam is really one of the nicest airports out there).
At schiphol most restaurants and bars have multiple currency capacity so that you can buy a beer with USD and get your change in Euros, buy the next with Euros and get the change in Norwegians crowns, etc. They also had a single person transport thingie 20 years before Segways for staff to zip around the place.
Go to Vision 2000 Travel, ask for George, pay his very small fee for service — be happy. Ask for Carla if George is not there — equally happy.