I have been infected by both Steven and Deb in the 7 Things viral epidemic. I think this makes me the most popular blogger in the Charlottetown-Moncton corridor. I’m not sure if I should list 7 things or 14 things, or maybe 10.5 things. But here goes:
- In the late 1980s I spent New Years Eve on the Dragonfly Commune outside of Bancroft. We slept in a bed that, if memory serves, was made out of saplings. It was not comfortable. Raccoon may have been consumed. I can’t recall if there was dancing under the moon, but it’s within the realm of possibility.
- An article of mine on media was once published in a Christian Anarchist ‘zine; the pullout quote was: “What I can do is say, in a wholly metaphorical sense, ‘fuck you’ to the mainstream media and seize control of the culture I consume.” Plus c’est la même chose.
- Amidst an impromptu dalliance slash vacation in the Caribbean I was dumped in favour of the Cuban saxophone player from the band at our resort. In reaction to this I started to smoke. But only for a week.
- While necking with Catherine on the side of a highway near Kitchener in the early 1990s we were interrupted by the police. We tried to explain that we were “just checking the map.” I believe the phase “move along” may have been uttered.
- During a long run of hitchhiking that lasted from the time I was 18 to the time I was 24, several times I promised to myself (and maybe to God) that if someone picked me up I would be the guy that, once he had a car, would always stop. I have not honoured this promise. I will go to hell.
- I think Mandy Patinkin is a musical genius.
- I stole a black magic marker from my grade 3 classroom.