Some tiny updates on our upcoming trip to Europe:
- This is the first time I’ll be travelling across an international border with Oliver without Catherine, so we need a Consent Letter, signed by Catherine and notarized by a lawyer. Campbell Lea comes to our rescue here.
- We’ll be in Nuremberg for two nights. I’ve never been to Nuremberg, but the allure of Playmobil is too strong to resist.
- Oliver is very excited about meeting Til in Vienna. But mostly because of the Count von Count overtones.
- Although it’s sometimes a little confusing, I’ve been finding bahn.de is a good general-purpose site for exploring rail timetables and fares. And I used it to pre-book our Nuremberg to Paris train.
- We’re spending the night of March 22 in Paris at Standard Design Hotel. We’ll be in Paris for about 24 hours. That hardly seems like enough time.
- We’re taking the Eurostar through the Chunnel to get from Paris to London.
- On our last night in Europe before flying home we’re overnight at YOTEL, right at Heathrow. I’m intrigued both by its microscopicness, and also by the pleasant thought of not having to battle our way to the airport from elsewhere for an 11:00 a.m. flight.