It’s a rainy Sunday. I just ran over to Tim Hortons for a break. I saw “Café Mocha” on the menu, and my head immediately took me back to last week in Montreal where Johnny and I had cafés mocha and chocolate croissants on Mont Royal. It turns out that Tim Hortons has a rather different way of making a café mocha:
- Pour half a cup of regular Tim Hortons coffee into a cup.
- Fill the rest of the cup up with hot chocolate from the hot chocolate machine.
- Remove a special café mocha bucket from the fridge.
- Take bag of white gloop from bucket and squeeze on top of coffee/hot chocolate mixture.
- Take cinnamon shaker from bucket and sprinkle.
- Hand to customer.
The result? Something that tastes vaguely like a café mocha, albeit with a subtle undertaste of plastic wrap.