I’m in the final stages (I hope) of a year-long project to produce sets of Prince Edward Island “Terms of Union Flash Cards.” Today was the day to start printing the envelopes. I started out with too much ink on the rollers for my own good, and so in an effort to keep things moving along, I did some experimenting. This may be the favourite accidental experiment I’ve ever produced.
Here’s what the envelopes looked like once I’d got things going (they’ll get overprinted with black text in the next step):
And here’s the letterpress cut – a loan from Ian Scott and Daphne Large – that made it all possible: