Techie1 | Friday, December 13, 2013 - 1:30pm

How about what you did with Teachernet plus Google Docs or Microsoft 360?

Techie1 | Friday, December 13, 2013 - 12:35pm

Surely there is a teacher that can tell IT what they need. It can't be that hard.

Mace | Thursday, December 12, 2013 - 11:36pm

I literally grew up in this building and have spent countless hours in the offices and halls at 141 Kent. It has been vacant since 2000 when CFCY and CHLQ moved to 5 Prince Street. I greatly miss this building and hope it gets some much needed maintenance from the Tweel family.

Josh Biggley | Wednesday, December 11, 2013 - 10:39pm

In all fairness to the PEI library system, this Interlibrary Loan Request Form is actually an Interlibrary System Loan Request Form, not to be confused with the ease of requesting an in-system item from another library on PEI. Our family makes heavy use of the 'request an item from anywhere on PEI' service to bring materials to our local library. Given the restrictions that most library services have in other regions (usually bounded by city or county systems), the ability to request an item from any library on the Island makes for a rather staggering number of items at our fingertips.

Plus, going to the library gives you a chance to talk with our outstanding librarians who have been curating cross-media content long before it become the past-time of internet denizens everywhere.

Chuck | Wednesday, December 11, 2013 - 11:15am

It's funny, isn't it? My wife and I managed an apartment building for nearly five years; it's how we saved the downpayment for our house. By day I was writing software used by teachers and schoolchildren all over the planet, but I sometimes got more visceral satisfaction from having mopped the stairwell or trimmed the hedges, not least because it was obvious what "done" looked like.

Autoharp Bill | Friday, December 6, 2013 - 11:58pm

When I was younger I did not cross anything, but people misread me, so at first I started crossing Z, then crossing 0, then crossing 7. Another one that I do and I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it, is crossing my V. V was getting misread as U and vice-versa; more than once someone read it wrong and I ended up getting the wrong part. I saw a friend of mine crossing his Vs about 15 years ago, I picked it up and I have not gone back.

Sometimes people ask what that character is; I tell them and they agree it makes sense

TheDude | Thursday, December 5, 2013 - 4:01pm

With the 2014 celebrations coming up, I'd like to think someone at City Hall is encouraging property local slumlords to clean up their scummy downtown properties.

Costas | Thursday, December 5, 2013 - 12:50pm

Standout clean design. Congrats.

Earle MacDonald | Thursday, December 5, 2013 - 11:15am

This Building would make a nice Museum.......

sam | Wednesday, December 4, 2013 - 5:49pm

Wonder if they have tenants or are they forced into fixing it up as it is an eyesore and has been for as long I remember... Should be made into low income housing for seniors.. with a farmers market on the main floor..

Lobie | Wednesday, December 4, 2013 - 4:00pm

I recall an early hour walk on Kent Street about two years ago. It was just before dawn and an adult skunk was making its way into a hole that seemed to lead into the basement of the former record store. One man's eyesore is another creature's habitat.

Katharine | Wednesday, December 4, 2013 - 12:35pm

Hopefully the owners won't think this gives them licence to ask for even higher rent... I have a recollection of hearing they wanted 3000+ per month for the bottom floor (in the state it was in).

Ian Scott | Wednesday, December 4, 2013 - 11:20am

Great to see some action on this corner finally. Once a really beautiful building - it was home to W E Dawson's hardware store (not to be confused with W B Dawson, the tanner). There is a great picture/history of the building here. http://www.city.charlottetown.pe.ca/searchaproperty.php?propid=2089

Timothy Cullen | Wednesday, December 4, 2013 - 11:04am

So glad to see this happening. I have always been annoyed by that building - and the one across the street that's just as bad - smack in the middle of a busy intersection, but abandoned and sad. Hopefully they give it a nice facelift and find some quality new tenants!

Jorge | Monday, December 2, 2013 - 1:37pm

I had a similar problem and after i tried everything i found that the problem was in the permissions of the /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages directory (i installed trac as root), i changed the owner of the directory and all subdirectories and files and it worked like a charm, maybe this could help anyone with this similar problem.

Kamal | Wednesday, November 27, 2013 - 10:15am

I have one of these callya fun sim card which was supposed to have a 15 Euro credit attached to it. I do not know why but I immediately got a message saying that I am down to 1 euro. Am I missing something? furthermore, I have 200mb of data which dropped down to less than 100 mb after 2 days of very light usage...how to I top it up?

Philip Alford | Tuesday, November 26, 2013 - 6:02pm

Just spoke with Desjardins in Vancouver BC, and they don't offer accounts other than in C$ and US$, and had no suggestion regarding a solution.

Philip Alford | Tuesday, November 26, 2013 - 1:39am

HSBC would not allow me to open an account in euros as a US resident, despite my preparedness to provide a substantial deposit and have a small automatic euro deposit from a pension. Worse still, I was told that I could have a euro account if I first opened a US$ account, but when I did that they then told me I could not have the euro account and charged me to close the dollar account. I hardly recommend them.

I'm really in a bind, because the large euro amount is now in an offshore account with Lloyds TSB, which has provided substandard service, and always converts money at a rate of about four points below the prevailing internet rate, and they are unable to receive the automated pension payment, which now goes to a local bank in the European country from which the pension originates, but that bank won't exchange the money for me and send it to me in dollars. If Lloyds sends money in euros, it goes to their correspondent bank in the US (New York Mellon), which refuses to tell me even an approximation of their euro/dollar exchange rate because I don't have an account with them. And to open one they want a minimum million dollar deposit. And when I did have money sent in euros some years ago, I not only got a terrible exchange rate, but it went through a series of banks, each of which took a bite out of it, so I'm not really inclined to do that again, anyway.

So now I'm stuck with two bank accounts in euros, both of which are screwing me around, and the US won't let me have a euro account here. What a joke. The goddam bankers control everything.

Any suggested solution will be most welcome.

Thanks,

P A

msaad | Monday, November 25, 2013 - 2:24pm

Peter,

I'm curious about the javascript. The l10n.js library isn't supposed to work "automagically"? Why did you end up needing to call the .get on the exposed object to get it working?

I'm localizing an app myself right now and this came in mind. I'm not being able to get it to work!

Thanks for your help,

~msaad

Private | Sunday, November 24, 2013 - 4:18pm

It's way past time for Charlie Rose to be as affirming to his viewers as he is to his guests: We want an RSS feed (not eMail) about upcoming interviews on the PBS nightly broadcast (and other media he might choose to include).

Jim | Saturday, November 23, 2013 - 12:57pm

For anyone trying to change the default language to English, the number and prompts changed once again. I was able to get the new information via a chat session with someone at Vodafone.de.

1) Dial 22044

2) wait for a bit

3) Choose options 5 then 4 then 2.

You cannot press option 5 right away, I hit 5 a few times before and the recorded message kept going. Eventually I could tell that the first portion of the recorded message was over and I was allowed to choose the first option (5). After than you can immediately go to 4 and 2.

Terence | Friday, November 22, 2013 - 3:49pm

I switched two phones from a monthly family plan to two Pay-As-You-Go plans with unlimited texting. Rogers set it us as unlimited evening/weekend calling. It wasn't something the automated system could fix. So a big thanks Alex Jan 13,2013 for the contact info. It took 20 minutes to fix both accounts. Bottom line, this contact method still works.

Steve | Friday, November 22, 2013 - 8:13am

Works for me

Peter Rukavina | Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 4:40pm

I was sort of assuming you would be playing the role of Mike Birbiglia, jetting in for the weekend to regale us with a monologue based on your adventures in California.