Barry Zuckerman | Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 8:11pm

I grew up listening to Martin and Howard. It is a shame that the famous Harry Martin passed away in SanDiego a few years ago. Specs Howard who was the voice hawking his wares on the Congo Curt tapes still has his broadcasting school in Detroit. Martin and Howard were the only ones who were able to run their own cart machines with the unions permission. When the 2 left Cleveland and went to Detroit it was a sad day for Cleveland radio. Lohman and Barkley sucked.

Regards,
Barry Zuckerman PS I spent 30 years in the radio biz because of these 2 mugs.

Timothy Cullen | Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 7:00pm

Well that explains my inconsistent Twitter usage.

Melissa | Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 9:20am

I first met Karin when I was working for Women's Network PEI. Every Tuesday she brought us lunch, and she'd stop by Thursdays as well if we asked. What a wonderful, thoughtful, and talented person. I am deeply saddened by her passing.

James Ramsay | Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 4:33am

1. April 8, 2003. I remember it well - my birthday
2. Didn't know OpenOffice featured pivot tables - why I'd been sticking with Excel
3. Worthy project, well done!

Igor | Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 4:29pm

Now I want to do the same thing for me in Germany.

Robert Paterson | Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 4:14pm

you are making a very important point Peter. It is important that each of us knows what we cost. For this is not free. We don't pay directly but we do cost. I think a great first step is to have annual health cost report for each person and family. If they have the billing then they have the costs - like our credit cards.

With a sense of the costs we can then think of the alternatives

Cam Beck | Monday, February 24, 2014 - 3:00pm

Peter:

Thanks so much for sharing this post with us. Reading Karin's Blog provides beautiful insights into her amazing attitude and spirit.

She will be missed for sure,

Cam

Valerie | Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 7:39pm

And here I thought it was always summer on PEI.

Peter Rukavina | Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 12:07pm

The 1957 date isn't copyright-related, it's "how much has UPEI been able to scan to date"-related.  The plan is to keep going into the 1960s, as copyright allows, stopping in 1964 and releasing new issues as time goes on and copyright continues to expire.

Jason | Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 11:20am

What an amazing project. The searchable content is outstanding. I had a blast searching for articles on my ancestors. One question: why did you stop at 1957? I would love to have the searchable papers right up to current times. I figure it could be a licensing thing with TC Media?

Ton Zijlstra | Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 10:33am

What a great project Peter! Love how you are always finding new ways to build and strengthen local community and awareness. A true hacker!

Elvis | Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 8:57pm

just got through to an agent.

I asked the agent where the call centre was located.

She told me in Manilla, Philippines. It's really pathetic that Rogers sent jobs overseas rather than employ Canadians.

I would gladly pay a little more per month to get Rogers to employee Canadians !

Elvis | Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 8:52pm

me too! thanks

Tek | Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 11:50am

After going through all the help notes and comments posted, and trying same, I went to the Vodafone store where I purchased the top up to be told it was not possible to top up a SIM card from uk in Germany. Since they would not issue a refund, they offered another SIM card from them and wanted pieces of ID to register this pay as you go card.lesson is, if you can't charge your fone in the store, don't buy a top up there.

Sandy | Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 11:58pm

My family is thoroughly enjoying this website. Thanks!

alexander | Monday, February 10, 2014 - 6:07pm

Very cool to see this launch. My favourite thing about looking at all the old Guardians were the ads for things that don't exist anymore, like regular boat rides to Halifax and Boston.

thejypsy | Sunday, February 9, 2014 - 12:47pm

How do you know this Peter? 7 years and 154.5K photos later you have me wondering...

Funny | Saturday, February 8, 2014 - 6:35pm

I know this is an old article, but this man and his company pride themselves on putting small sub contractors out of business by not paying their invoices. So even though this project was a success I guarantee some sub contractor either didn't get paid or hasn't as the date of this post. Thanks Mr. Banks for putting my company out of business in NS because you refuse to pay your invoices.

alchemist | Thursday, February 6, 2014 - 10:33pm

I like your post a lot! You should write some more on this!Great job coming with such terrific post!

alchemist
www.inspgift.com

vipin | Wednesday, February 5, 2014 - 7:54am

I am going through this post and thinking of it’s theme and trying to understand what is this post about. At last I can have found something from this post which feels pretty good.

Seigi | Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 9:33pm

I watched the video and tried the right way and I was gladly surprised of the effectiveness of the technique.

After practicing a bit more, I realized that what causes the weak form of the knot is when the two loops are done the same way. I usually put the left lace on top of the right in both loops, causing the weak knot. I tried putting the right lace over the left one and then finishing the usual way and voilà, strong form.

I found it easier to start the opposite and finishing the usual way.

danmatei | Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 7:08pm

how do i filter view by the highest or lowest bid amount?

Oliver | Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 3:54pm

Interesting. Fits with my memory of handwritten 1s in Europe (e.g. on cafe receipts) looking totally ambiguous to me, like they could as well be 7s as 1s. A few times I resolved it by noticing an actual 7, which was unambiguous because of the sever (new word for me). That's when I saw the point of crossing 7s, which seemed down to idiosyncrasy over here.

Oliver | Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 3:43pm

In the olden days, blogs often had a guest book page. That's about the level of analysis that feels right for a personal blog.

Oliver | Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 3:29pm

It's amazing what an epiphany it feels like to learn you've been tying your shoes wrong your whole life. Happened to me a few years ago. It's also amazing it seems so many of us never learned this so basic life skill, and weird how there seems no opportunity for it come up even once you know. Somehow it seems trivial despite the genuine and almost everyday frustrations, inconveniences and occasionally even hazards that result from laces loosening. Thank you for your public service, Peter, posting about it.