Dave | Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 9:33am

Give the folks at FedEx a call, they have a service called FedEx Ground, which sounds like exactly what you need.

Margaret LeClair | Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 8:12am

I am looking for a short film called Island Romance which was filmed back in the 1950's and does have a romantic plot of a young man who gives a young girl, traveling with her Mother, directions to their destination of Doyle's Cove. He ends up meeting her at the cove and she goes back with him in the boat to North Rustico. It shows the harbour and the village clearly and includes a chat with my husband's grand uncle, Bert Blacquiere.

Love to get info on where to get a copy.

Margaret

Heather M | Monday, July 22, 2013 - 9:36am

Thank you for taking this project on Peter. I am happy to hear the rescued type will continue to have a life of it's own. My one and only time at the dump - but it sounds like it was a good rescue.

Peter Rukavina | Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 8:50am

Well said, and a good refinement of my thoughts.

Oliver | Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 5:28pm

It's about the purpose of the space being public, not the ownership of the space. Just because the public owns a space or a facility doesn't mean it shouldn't be rented out to private parties to make themselves a profit using it (presumably though these would be parties doing well by doing good). The issue here is that if a space has been set aside by the public, at a cost to the public, for open, public use, to rent more or less the whole thing out for business use contradicts the purpose of it.

The offense isn't just restricting access to the space. It might not be offensive if a public high school were fencing it off and selling tickets to a giant student theater production, profits going to their theater program, which is open to every high school age person and of interest to all of their parents. The offense is restricting access simply to profit a special interest.

Peter Rukavina | Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 11:49am

Who are you paying $125/month for Internet?

Fran | Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 11:06am

I am currently - unhappily - paying $125/mo for internet (needed for work) and landline (rarely used). Only one ISP to my area, as I undertand it. Are there other options? I'd happily give up the landline for a more reliable and certainly less expensive internet connection.

Milla Teague | Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 3:05am

If you want to rent affordable with great service cars, I recommend you to try car rental cebu which they can accommodate you the soonest and provides you the best of their service.

Victoria | Monday, July 15, 2013 - 6:06pm

Hi, It is amazing that your story is so similar to my own. My pains started around Christmas. when I saw my family doctor they treated me for ulcer and seven months later of pain and tests they found i had gallstones and I am now on my last few weeks of waiting for the same surgery as you waited for. hope the best and thank you for telling your story.

Igor | Monday, July 15, 2013 - 11:11am

I really enjoyed your post, Peter.

And I feel very much reminded of my decision to switch full time to Linux as my main OS years and years ago. I stopped at some point. I didn't feel that the community understood what it takes to develop solutions for users who do not care for fiddling around a bit too much.

Now, I'm not going to say that Linux wasn't successful, on the contrary. But the people who use Linux today do not use it because it's open, but because it's Android. Open, unfortunately, doesn't seem to be a strong enough motivator for people to switch. Convenience trumps principles when it comes to daily technology use.

I strongly hope that Firefox OS will learn from the short comings of its predecessors and won't only be more open, but actually be better at what it provides for the user.

Ashley | Sunday, July 14, 2013 - 4:08pm

Yes that is what the organisation chart from grade school said. Yes I think it is indicative of bigger problems.

Lellen | Sunday, July 14, 2013 - 12:16pm

Café Diem is no more and is now called Ristorante Diem owned by Mamdouh. It's totally awesome - great service, wonderful location, and the food is, well, lovely.

James Ramsay | Sunday, July 14, 2013 - 6:09am

...and about as far as my Koschuk side in Husiatyn, neighbour.

Peter Rukavina | Saturday, July 13, 2013 - 10:29pm
Peter Rukavina | Saturday, July 13, 2013 - 3:16pm

We own Victoria Row in common with each other, and that ownership is expressed through the City of Charlottetown, to which we elect representatives to govern and manage that ownership, among other things. If that's sentimental, then we've got bigger problems.

Melissa | Saturday, July 13, 2013 - 1:51pm

Really? I hope no one is ever dumb enough to believe that. And you waisted your time typing that? Talk about having no life at all!

Ashley | Saturday, July 13, 2013 - 1:29pm

In what sense do we own Vic Row. We cannot use like we use other things we own. Do we own it merely because money that was once ours maintains it. Formerly my money pays for groceries every welfare day. They are not mine. Practically speaking Vic Row belongs to city council. To say otherwise is to be sentimental.

David | Saturday, July 13, 2013 - 12:41pm

I don't know if they do cross-border, but I know people who've shipped things very economically using Greyhound, the bus company.

Kelly Tallariti | Friday, July 12, 2013 - 11:03pm

Hi there, I was the guy who traded in the black tab. Do you still own it?

Oliver | Friday, July 12, 2013 - 6:20pm

Shipping in the other direction, from the States to Canada, it's key you look out for the hidden cost of shepherding your package through custom. One company I looked into charged $55 and another nothing. There's a long thread of lore on ebay.com.

Tim P | Friday, July 12, 2013 - 1:36pm

now it works...! I was just saying that I have the same tape Pete and I digitized it too. Great song - tis my favourite on the album.

Tim P | Friday, July 12, 2013 - 1:35pm

can't seem to post a comment

Peter Rukavina | Friday, July 12, 2013 - 1:13pm

I've set up a redirect for AllanRankin.com that points to AllanRankinMusic.ca. So, alas, the world will no longer get to experience ye olde Allan Rankin website design ;-)

Peter Rukavina | Friday, July 12, 2013 - 1:11pm

Hey, hold on, what's AllanRankinMusic.ca?! Looks like my midwifery services are no longer required!

Michael Dennis | Friday, July 12, 2013 - 12:29pm

Peter,
What a treat. Thank you.
I knew David then and know him on FB now. I went to high school with Ken and hung around with Elizabeth.
I worked on a couple of plays that David starred in. Many parties with him at the piano singing. I always loved his voice. It's a real treat to hear this.