Alan | Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 7:28pm

Hi Peter

Does this data set include the most recent topology from Lindar (I think was the technology they used). I was wondering how accurate it would show the watersheds. These information should be used to prevent fish kills.

Thanks

Alan

Lori | Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 11:19am

Oh, Peter. That's awful customer service. And on a purely personal note, you're not making my computer buying decisions any easier. Our two daughters own Macs (with one also serving as a "prosthetic device") both of which will have to be replaced soon. With the unfortunate demise of the Little Mac Shoppe, I have been hesitant to purchase Macs again, as much as we have loved the product.
Please keep us posted on this saga.

David | Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 10:39am

You should inquire whether or not (if you're still within the first year) getting AppleCare will allow you to mail it in. Mail-in is available in Canada - I think the problem used to be where UPS (or their sole-source courier) doesn't do local service.

Having worked for them before, you may save yourself some $ on travel and extend the warranty a little further. Alternatively, shipping it to a friend in one of those cities to walk it in for service might help too.

Peter Rukavina | Monday, August 12, 2013 - 10:12pm

Website? What is this strange word of which you speak?

Ken | Monday, August 12, 2013 - 8:32pm

Should you add the word 'coffee' somewhere, by itself? And maybe a web link to their site? Looks good!

Lukas | Monday, August 12, 2013 - 6:34pm

very nice

Peter Rukavina | Monday, August 12, 2013 - 4:32pm

Good list. Thanks!

Charlene Boyce | Monday, August 12, 2013 - 4:12pm

Things to consider:

How will it look as it empties? Will the name remain visible? Will important text remain visible?

Will the colour of the bag be affected by freezing it?

Danny D'Amours | Monday, August 12, 2013 - 9:38am

Ah yes, Bits and Bytes what a classic.
I recall watching each episode as a kid. Was there really only 12 episodes?

Thanks for the memories and the link.

Valerie | Friday, August 9, 2013 - 4:14pm

Interesting....in Vermont we use Overdrive, as well. Wonder whether statistics would be similar. Also wonder whether the "adult library cards" include summer residents, which would throw off the 50% statistic--we have four in my household, alone.

Peter Rukavina | Tuesday, August 6, 2013 - 3:11pm

One thing to note if you're looking at the Anker Astro 2 8400 external battery back is that it cannot charge and discharge at the same time; in other words, if you're using it to power a PirateBox, the PirateBox will shut down as soon as you plug the Anker battery into external power to recharge it.

Brent | Tuesday, August 6, 2013 - 12:29am

Hows the quality of the transfer, and is it all there King?...

Jay | Sunday, August 4, 2013 - 5:47pm

Thank you! I had been trying to figure that out for hours! Another poster had said to create a smart album with "keyword" movies and I had no idea what he was talking about. This made it very simple.

Brian | Thursday, August 1, 2013 - 3:35pm

Thanks so much for posting this! This is exactly what I'm looking for!
I need a notary for a quit claim deed.

Peter Rukavina | Thursday, August 1, 2013 - 11:09am

Postscript: a Flickr search for "countrymen statue" is an interesting additional tool for this sort of curiousity.

kirt | Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 2:07pm

Lol are u kidding me. I personally know a family that owns two stores. They have six properties, a motor home, they go on cruises to the Caribbean all the time, drive brand new 50,000 dollar trucks and generally do whatever they feel like doing. If that's getting nothing in return where do i sign up?

Plus were are you getting your information, the stock is doing amazing and the average store is bringing in over 100k for profits for the company itself. Which I am positive the franchise owners are also stock holders for the company as well.

Dan James | Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 9:48am

So it's kind of like geocaching but instead of dollar store trinkets it's digital material/trinkets.

thejypsy | Monday, July 29, 2013 - 7:38pm

Love!

Peter Rukavina | Monday, July 29, 2013 - 12:24pm

See Getting Hacker Newsed for an explanation of The Spike.

Dave | Monday, July 29, 2013 - 12:06pm

I'm curious about The Great Spike of 2011.

Kevin | Saturday, July 27, 2013 - 12:55pm

I believe #4 may be Anthony Weiner

Garth | Thursday, July 25, 2013 - 2:38pm

Another Rogers Pay As you Go Activation line number:
1-866-594-9456

Valerie | Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - 3:26pm

Best lobster roll ever (Water St.).

Dave | Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 9:33am

Give the folks at FedEx a call, they have a service called FedEx Ground, which sounds like exactly what you need.

Margaret LeClair | Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 8:12am

I am looking for a short film called Island Romance which was filmed back in the 1950's and does have a romantic plot of a young man who gives a young girl, traveling with her Mother, directions to their destination of Doyle's Cove. He ends up meeting her at the cove and she goes back with him in the boat to North Rustico. It shows the harbour and the village clearly and includes a chat with my husband's grand uncle, Bert Blacquiere.

Love to get info on where to get a copy.

Margaret